Another week, another Top Ten Tuesday… with this week favourite tropes. I actually had a very hard time thinking these up, but eventualy I got to 10… As always, don’t forget to drop by at That Artsy Reader Girl, who does a wonderful job hosting this.
- Unreliable protagonist – one particular book comes to mind that blew my socks off. But that would be spoilers
- Mystical animal companion – what is better than animal companions? Mystical animal companions…
- Wise elder – there are so many of these. Yet I almost always like them.
- Dragons – no explanation needed
- Faux-medieval setting – basically most epic fantasy
- Butler did it – actually, how many stories do you know where the butler actually did it?
- Action-sequence banter – perfectly mastered by Marvel
- Psycho killer – yeah, I have quite a weak for these. Give me some gory, messed up crime scenes. Preferably related to Jack the Ripper…
- Steampunk Victorian London – This is basically all I read
- Surprise Ally – not yet hate to love, but that idea. Because I hate love, but friendships are cool.
So those are some tropes I actually like in books. What are yours?
Hoping you are having a lovely day,