A new year means new resolutions and goals. And all of mine are focused on reading. Although 2018 was a great reading year for me, there are some things I want to focus on this year. I have made these goals quite challenging, so I don’t know if I can pass them easily. But it is the thought that counts right?
- Read 72 books
Last year I set my goal on 36 books and passed it in May. Although I don’t know what this year will bring, I think I can easily read 72 books (having in mind some projects I am planning).
- Finish/Catch-up with 25 series
I am currently busy with 65 series (5 of which have no planned date yet for a sequel), and that is just too much. I started 27 new series last year, so I want to pull that a bit straighter this year and finish/catch-up with 25.
- (Re)Read the Discworld series – in order of publication
This is something I have been wanting to do for a while now, and Book Wyrm Knits’ Discworld Read-a-Long is the perfect excuse for it. If you want to join in as well, here are the rules:
- The Read-A-Long will start on January 1, 2019, and will end on December 31, 2019.
- This is only for Discworld novels. However, as it appears there are 41 novels, there are plenty of books to choose from.
- Read a Discworld book! Then review it! Then post a link to your review on my monthly Read-A-Long post!
- At the end of the year (after giving people a week or two to link their reviews) I will be choosing a winner (or two?) using a random number generator. Each Discworld book read and reviewed in 2019 counts as one entry for the drawing. The winner will get a prize pack of to-be-determined cool stuff.
Simple. I hope to be able to read the whole series, but will see how far I get and if necessary continue this goal next year as well.
- Decrease my Owned-TBR to 50
Last year my goal was to create an Owned-TBR shelf. In doing so I found out I currently have 78 books that I haven’t read. I would like to decrease this to 50, just cause it is a nice and round number, and to try force myself read what I already have instead of buying new books.
- Read all newly bought books within 3 months
Another way to buy less books is for me to ‘need’ to read them within 3 months. This will also make sure I read the books while I still feel that initial enthusiasm for them, instead of letting them disappear and be forgotten between my other unread books.
- Read more non-fiction
This was also a prompt last year, and I ‘passed’ it with 4 non-fiction read. Reading more than that should be very doable.
What are you reading goals for the new year?
Hoping you are having a lovely day,