I was nominated by Makayla @ Random Reads for the Sunshine Blogger Award!! Thank you so much! Please give her blog a visit, her posts are absolutely wonderful. I have done two posts for the Sunshine Blogger Award before, but that was quite a while ago (In June and in July 2016), and Makayla came up with some great questions. So I am doing this post again 🙂
- Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post or blog
- Answer the eleven questions sent by the person who nominated you
- Nominate eleven new blogs to receive the award and write them eleven new questions
- What is one book that surprised you (good or bad)?
I recently picked up The Picture of Dorian Gray, and was very pleasantly surprised by it. We had discussed Oscar Wilde in high school (the person, not his writings), and he didn’t really strike me as a likeable person. But this guy could write!
A book that surprised me in a bad way was Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas. I went into it expecting a book about the best assassin in the country kicking ass, and instead I got 400 long pages on a girl obsessed with dresses and boys who treats murders and kick ass stuff as a by the way this also happened but lets discuss that in one sentence and then go back to the dresses and the boys.
- Where is your go to blogging spot?
I mainly write my posts in bed, tho I am currently sitting in my lovely, comfy chair in front of the open window.
- What is one book to film adaption you wish you could redo?
I don’t watch that many movies to be honest. Uhm… I recently watch The Girl with All the Gifts. It wasn’t a bad movie, but it could have been better… especially with some changes they made towards the ending.
- Do you listen to music while blogging? If so, what kind of music?
Rarely. But when I do I listen to ‘epic instrumental music’, I guess. Think of movie soundtracks and the like. I found a YouTube channel which has posted ‘The Best of Epic Music 20..’
- What are five book characters you’d like to hang out with and why?
Suri from Age of Myth is the first person who comes to mind. She is just wonderful and so down to earth, and I understood from Michael J Sullivan himself that she will come to play a large part in the rest of the series. Jeey!!
Miss Hobbes from the Newburry and Hobbes series by George Mann. She is a brave, kind young woman, who doesn’t let herself get dragged down by the expectations of society.
Frankenstein’s Monster, just because I feel like he just needs a cuddle.
Robert Langdon, from the book series by Dan Brown. It would be so interesting to just visit a museum with him.
And lastly, Mina Harker from Dracula. She is just so resourceful. Also, she was bitten by Dracula himself, and survived.
- What are three of your favorite book quotes?
Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first and is waiting for it. – Terry Pratchett, Reaper Man
Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time. – Terry Pratchett, Hogfather
That’s what a good wife does, keeps your dreams alive even when you don’t believe anymore. – Michael J. Sullivan, Age of Myth
- What did you want to be when you were a kid? How does it compare to what you do now?
I wanted to be a biologist… and last month I graduated, with a Masters degree in Biology.
- What book character have you related to the most and why?
With ‘The Biologist’ in Annihilation by Jeff VanderMeer… and why? See the previous question :p Maybe all biologists are the same, but when I let my fiancé read a part in which she describes herself going out with her husband and his friends he just said ‘damn, is this about you?’ Of course, I can’t say I relate to her in terms of the situations she gets in while being in area X. But as a person I could really connect to her.
- What five authors would you love to meet?
Brandon Sanderson and Michael J Sullivan (there have been a few messages between us, and he just seems to be a great person). And now for the tricky ones… Terry Pratchett, Agatha Christie and H.G. Wells.
- What inspired you to start blogging?
I had written a few reviews on Goodreads, but wanted more. Then I saw the page of Raven and Beez, and it looked like just had so much fun I wanted to give something like that a shot too.
- What books are currently on your TBR?
Too many… but the books I hope to get to soon ish for buddyreads and/or reading challenges are: Around the World in 80 Days, Pride and Prejudice, Illusive (Emily Lloyd-Jones), The Rook (Daniel O’Malley), The Thief Lord (Cornelia Funke), The Serpent’s Shadow (Rick Riordan), The Map of Chaos (Félix J. Palma), Appointment with Death (Agatha Christie), The Executioner’s Heart (George Mann), Hearts of Smoke and Steam (Andrew P. Mayer), Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince, The Jungle Book, The Magicians’ Guild (Trudi Canavan), The Blue Blazes (Chuck Wendig), Victoria (Daisy Goodwin) and Black Hole Blues and Other Songs from Outer Space (Janna Levin).
Thank you for these great questions Makayla!
I would like to nominate:
- Dawie @ Wordaholicsanonymous (aka my lovely fiancé)
- Raven and Beez
- Gin & Lemonade
- Everywhere and Nowhere
- The Mystique Reader
- I Should Read That
- A Book. A Thought
- Fandomly Bookish
- Falling All Over The Place
These (apart from the first two) are my most recent followers. Thank you so much!!! I would love to get to know you a bit better.
And my questions for you are:
- What are three of your favourite books you have read so far this year?
- Of which blog post are you the proudest?
- Oz, Neverland, Wonderland or Narnia?
- What is the last picture you took on your phone?
- Do you eat any snacks while reading?
- What is the craziest thing you have ever done?
- Where do you live? Tell us some interesting fact about your city/country…
- If you could rid the world of one thing, what would it be?
- You get one trip in the Tardis, which historical event would you go and witness?
- You can recommend me one book, which is it?
- What is your happiest memory?
I hope you all are having a lovely day 🙂