I was nominated by the Lovely Betty @ Bookish Regards for the Sunshine Blogger Award!!! Thank you so so much. Please check out her beautiful blog if you haven’t already.
I have already been nominated for this before, but Betty asked such amazing questions I just Had to write another post. However, I won’t be nominating anyone at the end…
- Thank the person(s) who nominated you
- Answer the questions that were given to you
- Nominate other bloggers for this award and give them your own questions to answer!
- Notify those others bloggers of their nomination
1 ) What is one of your favorite things to do when you have free time?
Reading!!! I also enjoy going for a walk, spending time with friends… but mostly reading
2) Which one would you pick, and why?
- (A) Live out your life in the past, and be wealthy
- (B) Live out your life in the present, with your current financial situation
- (C) Live out your life in the future, but with no guarantee of financial security
Would my family and friends come with me? I don’t care too much about money. I do really like reading books set in Victorian England, but am not sure if I would enjoy living then (I do enjoy wearing jeans too much :p). We have no idea what the future brings so that may be shit. I’ll go for B. I’m quite happy with the way things are.
3) Which would you rather be, and why?
- (A) Deaf, but with super-enhanced eyesight
- (B) Blind, but with super-enhanced hearing
- (C) Have both super-enhanced eyesight and hearing, but a complete lack of the senses of smell and touch?
None of the above!!! I enjoy music and laughter too much to go deaf, I like looking at pretty things too much to go blind. The super-enhanced senses really do not compensate for that. I think I could live without a sense of smell, but touch? That would be really unhandy. And what about hugs? I’ll choose A I think. It would let me lead the most possible normal life I think. Also, my boyfriend snores, so when deaf I would maybe sleep better.
4) If you had the power to end rid the world of only one bad thing, what would that one thing be, and why?
Tough question. First thing that comes up is of course cancer. But we will someday find a cure for that (I hope), so would it then be better to rid the world of something we won’t find a ‘cure’ for? Like racism or sexism or bullying or abuse or poverty? I don’t know. I will get rid of cancer.
5) If you could travel back in time, ridding the world of ONE person in history found to be abhorrent in the way they left their mark, but their removal would result in the deaths of 100 people (who may or may not be crucial in some way to the path that leads to the present day workings of the modern world), would you do it? If so, whom would you choose to excise from history, and why?
Basically, would you kill baby Hitler? True, it would prevent the Holocaust. However, this wouldn’t remove the political ideologies or social movements fueling this. And there were thousands of people involved in the Holocaust. So, if you remove Hitler, wouldn’t someone else have risen up to replace his role? Now, I am definitely not an expert on this. Getting rid of Hitler would be such a gamble. For all we know, it could make things worse. And yes, things can always get worse. This is not a gamble I would be willing to take.
Thank you Betty for those amazing questions!!!
Like I said earlier I am not going to nominate anyone.
I hope everyone has a lovely day,